ICP Teacher Program
- 1-hour hands science presentation featuring an Exploratorium®-designed, hands-on experiment led by an enthusiastic Edventure More guest scientist
- Correlates with K-5th grade CA State Science Standards
- Carefully designed to elicit looks of awe & wonder so that kids WANT to learn more
- We bring all the materials, do the prep, lead the project & clean up
- In the past 6 years we have led ICP’s in over 1,500 classrooms!
- Over 800 Teachers Surveyed: 99% agreed their ICP was a valuable addition to their curriculum & invited us back!
PLUS! Great Extension Activities
- NEW Handouts & Online Tools: We provide you with fun worksheets and links that help reinforce vocabulary, concepts and inspire curiosity – updated this year!
- FREE Museum Passes: Earn museum passes for your whole class when you send back student researched fun facts and jokes about your presentation (for family use only, not for use in school field trips).
- Minimum of 2 classes per day required. Maximum of 5.
- 2 visits available per year, per class. Multiple visits made possible by the Lisa & Douglas Goldman Fund.
- Ask us about tailoring an ICP to your classroom’s learning needs.
Save Hands-on Science
What You Know:
- Budget cuts have reduced science enrichment by up to 70%
- 1/2 of the Bay Area’s 5th graders are failing science proficiency tests
- Over 60% of K-5 teachers are able to spend less than 60 minutes each week on science
What You Didn’t Know:
NEW 2011-12 Prices:
- Public Schools: $150 per class!
- Private Schools: $175 per class!
Special Early Bird Offer: Book by October 14th and Get $25 Off!
How to Reserve an ICP
Follow these 3 easy steps to reserve your ICP presentation today.
- Decide ICP topics, dates and times for your grade level (top 3 dates)
- Choose primary teacher contact for your grade level
- Complete this ICP Reservation Request Form for your grade level
Teachers will receive:
- Confirmation email
- Reminder email 1 week before presentation
- ICP Extension Activities
- Exploratorium Science Challenge details
Cancellation or Rescheduling Policy: We must receive rescheduling or cancellation requests in writing at least 2 weeks before the date of your presentation. No refunds for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance.
Total Time: 1 hour
- Introduction (10 Minutes) We introduce who we are, lead a fun classroom warm up, followed by a classroom discussion about the topic we will be covering with the experiment. Generally this involves lots of question asking and encourages students to use their imaginations
- Experiment (40 Minutes) Edventure More staff lead students through an experiment or activity, encouraging question-asking and discussion throughout the process. Students are generally asked to hypothesize what they believe might happen and then compare their findings with the ultimate result.
- Wrap Up (10 Minutes) Students review key points about the topic and are encouraged to come up with more real world applications of what they learned. Every student takes home a “Give me MORE!” sheet that summarizes the day’s activities and list resources where they can learn more about the topic.
“Fantastic job! My students always enjoy having Edventure More in the classroom. I really appreciate the amount of information Danny gave to the students, the way it is presented, and the level of classroom management skills the presenters exhibit.” –St. Cecilia Elementary Teacher
“Jill did an outstanding job teaching the five senses in a fun, motivating and engaging way. All kids learned, had fun and were involved, anxiously anticipating the next activity. Thank you, Jill!” –Neil Cummins Elementary Teacher